Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Winter Blues


 As I was thinking about writing my next post, I was mulling over topics. I realized that I have not done an outfit post in some time. I realized that I have been avoiding it at all cost... WHY?
Then it dawned on me... Winter Blues, I have always had them, even the 8 years I lived in Florida.



There is just something about this time of year that always gets me down. I love clothe, I love winter fashion, but I find myself in a winter blues rut every year. Although I purchase great pieces, I often run back to my go to staples and it's not cute y'all lol.  I have no desire to wear the awesome boots, the 3 coats I bought this year, the awesome textured tights, the caramel wedges ... nothing... nothing is appealing to me ... It looks awesome on all my sister bloggers but this girl just can't get into it.

Now I know what some people may be thinking that winter blues don't really exist but they do. It is defined as a "mild depression, lack of motivation, and low energy experienced during the cold season" (Web MD). It is estimated that there are 3million US cases per year, that's me I am definitely one of them, it's all I can do to just make it out the door in the morning, do drop offs and drive like a bat outta hell to make it in to work on time lol. Now the winter blues are less severe than Season Affective Disorder (SAD).  SAD can span more than one season or you could be affected by any season.  And in the NYC all this snow is not helping!




So what is a fashionista with the winter blues to do? Well I try and rally against it and force myself  into something fashionable at least once a week.  I also stay inspired by other bloggers and I also pass on their awesome looks... just because I can't bring myself to wear it doesn't mean I don't enjoy seeing it on other women!

Here are some of the looks I have enjoyed: (click on the link for their blogs)


One of my favorite go to girls for inspiration!!!! The Je Ne Sais Quoi

Who couldn't adore this look!!!! CURVE Envy

Perfection  Golden Kaleidoscope

RED!!!!! Loving it Naturally Fashionable

Neutrals   And I Get Dressed  
 Here are other articles on the Winter Blues, how to combat them and other juicy tid bits to get you by!  Prevntion Magazine, How to prevent the Winter Blues , 7 Foods to beat the Winter Blues , 10 Cool Ways to Beat the Winter Blues , Season Affective Disorder


No comments:

Post a Comment